A Thanksgiving Feast

Every year Aunt Lucy invites us to her house for a thanksgiving feast, and we also bring some dishes to the dinner. Most important, Uncle Terry always cooks the turkey for us. This year the turkey was eighteen pounds, golden brown, steaming, and fresh.


I helped to make mashed potato and gravy. Their recipe was a little bit different from mine. 



We also had a colorful salad, fruits, boiled Brussels sprouts, and baked yams and squashes.




At the beginning of our feast, we toasted at the table and said what we were thankful for. I thanked my family, my friends, and my teachers.



I ate the turkey with cranberry sauce. The turkey was very juicy this year. The stuffing was delicious.



I drank a lot of apple cider and enjoyed talking with them, especially about The Nutcracker.

My favorite food was turkey, salad, and homemade cherry pie.  



Then, we sat on the sofa, ate snacks, and chatted near the fireplace. It was warm and cozy.





What a festive Thanksgiving with the whole family and friends!  

Comments

  1. It was a valuable happy moment in our life. I am glad you enjoyed it, appreciated it, and wrote it down very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. Spending Thanksgiving with friends and family is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to have you over for Thanksgiving again. Cheers to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie came out as cherry crumble but still tasty 😋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits