2023 New Year Celebration with Friends

My family went to Selina’s home to have a potluck for the New Year’s Eve celebration. I ate meat pie with mushroom and water chestnut, shrimp cucumber salad, BBQ pork, stir fry beef with bell pepper, seaweed, and bean curd cold dish, and fried sticky rice cake.



After dinner, we played games. First, we played the Uno game. The game was straightforward since I played it many times at school. Then, we played poker. The poker game was a little bit hard; you needed to count the score of the red cards.



At last, we played the Scrabble game which was very hard. My mom helped me find words in the dictionary, and Aunt Helen helped Selina find words on the computer using the  “scrabble word finder.”  Our dads played on their own. Selina kept the scores on the computer, and I used the formula to add them. We played for a long time and ate snacks.



When we finished the game, the New Year was arriving. We were so happy. Aunt Helen checked the web to see if fireworks were on the New Year’s celebration. I recorded myself on my phone saying goodbye to 2022. I was laughing so hard when I played blob Opera.



For 2023, my New Year's resolution was that I wanted to eat less sugar. I would be cautious when drinking juice and root beer and eating cake and candy. I had a fantastic New Year celebration with my friend Selina and her family.  

Comments

  1. I’m glad you enjoyed all the games as well as food. What a pleasant special night! 🍾️🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting night! I've always wanted to learn how play poker, maybe you can teach me sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits