Exploring California Academy of Sciences

My dad and I went to the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. 


While I was there, I saw a white alligator swimming in the aquarium tank.


We went to see the bugs show, a cool animation show. In the show, there was a dragonfly flying in the air, and there was a frog jumping up and down in the mud. Then, I played with the bug simulator, which helped me see what it is like to be a bug. I was a bumblebee, and it was very funny because of the buzzing sound.


After, I watched the movie called
The Life of Coral Reef in the auditorium. The movie showed coral reefs being polluted by the trash in the ocean. I think trash is bad for the environment, and people should be more mindful.

We went to the Osher Rainforest. The rainforest had many green plants, loud animals, and hungry venus fly traps. I saw many butterflies drinking orange nectar, a green snake relaxing in the habitat, and long black centipedes chilling out. There were also ants carrying green leaves. And I heard birds tweeting in the background of the rainforest.



Later, we watched the different cultural dances in the indoor pavilion. My favorite dance was the Chinese dance.


At last, we went to the academy cafe. We ate a chicken pesto sandwich and a clam chowder soup with bacon for lunch. I drank the fruit-flavored sparkling water. I had a fun field trip with my dad!


Comments

  1. Wow. It looks like you had a great time Emily ! We'd love to bring Sammy with you on your next field trip. Jeremy (Sammy's Dad).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great explorer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits