Movie Review: All Quite on the Western Front

On Saturday, I watched the movie called All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix.  It’s a movie based on a novel by Erich Maria Remarque of the same name. 


The movie was very long,  about two and a half hours. It talks about World War I, where the Germans fought against the French. Many German soldiers died on the front line while fighting the French.

A new soldier named Paul was a student. He was scared and shocked at the beginning, but eventually, he used a grenade to explode the tanker and used the knife to kill the enemy. Kaz, an old soldier, used a rifle to kill many French soldiers. But they were all killed by the French enemies in the end. It was so sad. 

I think the author’s purpose of the movie is that war is bad for soldiers. I like this movie because I learned that war is very bloody, and I hope the world will be at peace.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits