Family Camp at Brannan Island State Recreation Park

Over the Memorial weekend, I attended a family camp with scouts at Brannan Island State Recreation Park. Although it was quite cloudy and humid, I played card, relay race, human knots,  and volleyball with the other scouts and parents.






We also learned how to chop wood and start a fire. We learned these skills and earned the badges. 





Our parents had a potluck at dinner, where they enjoyed some duck meat, sticky rice,  BBQ, and baked buns. 



Our scouts cooked tasty fried rice and some delicious seafood soup. We enjoyed our meal.




Afterward, we gathered around the campfire and did some funny skits, singing "Let It Go" from Frozen and some Chinese songs. We also did the flag ceremony and recited the Pledge of Allegiance before burning the old flag.




We had thirteen scouts in total. I slept in a big tent with the other six scouts, and in the morning, we made garlic bread and pepperoni pizza for breakfast. 


After cleaning up my sleeping bag and mat, we went for a hike on the trail and spotted a squirrel in the grass. The park is beautiful with peaceful water running by. Many people were also camping in the park.



We finished off the trip with some reflection, sharing our rose (what we enjoyed) and thorn (what we didn't enjoy) moments. My rose was definitely helping Scout cook, but my thorn was the dark bathroom. Overall, I had a great time and am a happy camper with my scouts.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits