Fun Soap Making

On Wednesday afternoon, I went to my scout’s soapmaking activity at a senior center. We were supposed to teach the seniors how to make soap. Some scouts had trained one week ago, but I had just watched Youtube to learn. It was easy. I could do it.



In the beginning, there were no seniors who came to learn, so we just made the soap by ourselves. I chose the white soap base to make a pastel purple color. 

First, I cut the soap base into small pieces and melted them in the microwave for 30 seconds.


Next, I added some gardenia floral fragrance to the soap mixture. Then, I poured the soap mixture into a Princess Jasmine mold. After 20 minutes, the soap was dry. My friend helped me get the soap out of the mold, and it was so pretty!



Later, I made other soaps in different molds: a donut-shaped soap in purple, a rose-shaped soap in cream, and mini roses in blue. 


Finally, we taught a senior how to make soap. She made the soap in a heart-shaped mold.  She told us about her scouting story, which was very interesting! 

At the end of the activity, we went home with the soaps we had made. I had a memorable soap-making experience.  

 


Comments

  1. WOW, your handmade soaps are so pretty and unique! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits