Chinese New Year Celebration

January 22nd is Chinese New Year, the year of the rabbit. My girl’s troops and my family had a special celebration for it.




My girl's troops had a meeting at the Old Mission Park on January 21st. We learned how to make clove hitch, shear lashing, and tripod. I enjoyed tying the ropes.


Next, we had the Court of Honor Ceremony, and we congratulated the scouts who received the NYLT certificates and patches. 



Then, the senior scouts talked about the snow camp and summer camp.




At last, we celebrated Chinese New Year. We got red envelopes, and we all ate Chinese snacks.



After the scout meeting, we went home. My mom prepared the wraps and fillings for the dumplings, and my dad and I made the dumplings. 



Making dumplings is our tradition for the Chinese New Year celebration. The dumplings were juicy and delicious. I had a festive Chinese New Year. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits