Travel to Istanbul

I went to Istanbul with my family for a vacation. Istanbul is a special city where Europe meets Asia. While I was there, I was curious about Turkey’s Islamic culture.  


First, I went to the Hagia Sophia Mosque. The mosque has brick-colored walls, a blue dome on the top, and four minarets on four corners. We took our shoes off before entering the mosque, and I wore a scarf on my head to show respect for their religion as required. I went inside the Mosque to explore, where I saw two people praying. Additionally, the Mosque had many beautiful lamps, the walls were decorated with golden Arabic words, the windows were decorated with stained glass, and the carpet was very beautifully decorated with patterns. 



Later, I went to the Blue Mosque. I did not go inside because of the restoration, but I liked the blue dome and the outside. 



I also went to the Grand Bazaar, the world’s oldest shopping mall. The Bazaar is very big,  where many people shop around. It was too loud for me because the people were talking very loudly. Also, I didn’t like people smoking in the Bazaar. 



In the shop, I bought Turkish Delights. I also bought a bracelet with eyes on the beads in the jewelry store. My mom bought a scarf with tulips and different designs. In another store, I saw many beautiful mosaic lamps. 



We went to a restaurant called Albura Kathisma where I ordered the Turkish ravioli with lamb and cheese filling. The Turkish ravioli is very delicious, and I enjoyed it. My mom ordered the lamb pitcher kebab, and I enjoyed eating the lamb kebab too. 




I also enjoyed the Turkish street food. I had a lovely vacation in Istanbul and would like to visit again.




Comments

  1. I must say your travel summary on Istanbul did a fantastic job in capturing the fun parts and core spirit of the city. Your article provided an excellent overview of must-visit places, food, and culture experience in Istanbul. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits