Ride A Wave

On Sunday,  I went to learn surfing, provided by Ride A  Wave organization at Santa Cruz Cowell Beach.  It was cloudy and foggy.  The volunteer helped me put on the wetsuit and the helmet.  


First,  I tried the boogie board. The volunteer helped me to get on it, lying on my stomach.  We paddled my board out to the seaward side of the breaking waves. Then we waited patiently for the surge. 



When the wave came, the volunteer turned the board toward shore. I rode the wave rapidly. I was having fun in the water. The volunteer praised me and said a good job.

Later, I changed to a surfboard.  The volunteer and I waited for the wave to come. We used the same technique, but I didn’t hold tightly onto the side of the surfboard and got a wipeout. Then, I learned. We went farther out to sea, much, much farther. I enjoyed it much more.



After surfing, we had lunch. For lunch, I had pesto pizza and pepperoni pizza. After lunch, we had an award ceremony. I got an award. I also got a goody bag, a water bottle, and a T-shirt. I had a  great time surfing.  

                                                                                   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Day

My Friend Visits